Posted on November 03 2019
Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with a new Fall project!
I'm going to show you how to make this fun Acorn Box,
using these fabulous foiled papers!
Our Canadian Thanksgiving is already over
but with the American Thanksgiving still to come,
I thought I'd sneak in another appropriate project.
Again, I have used the fabulous Autumn Foiled Paper Pack!
This gorgeous collection is a definite favorite!
Here's my project:
Here's how I did it...
Rinea Autumn Foiled Paper Variety Pack;
AC - Light Brown Cardstock, Scrap of White;
My Scrap Chick - Acorn Box Cut File;
(Hand-cut patterns are included for those without machines)
Cricut Explore Air Machine;
Amy R - Happy Harvest Stamp Set;
Momenta - Leaf Dies;
Stampin' Up - Label Punch;
Martha Stewart Punches - Rose Leaf, Branch;
Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink;
Celebrate It - Ribbon.
1. I cut the acorn box out of the light brown cardstock and folded all the score lines.
3. While the cardstock pieces were still flat, I adhered the foiled paper panels in place.
4. I then assembled the box as per the instructions that come with the cut file.
5. Using the leaf dies, I cut leaves out of the Ruby and Marigold foiled papers, in both the Glossy and the Starstruck.
6. I also punched extra leaves, and then punched the branch out of the Mocha and the Gold.
7. I punched the label out of white cardstock and stamped the "Happy Thanksgiving" in place. I folded up the bottom of the label, so there would be a flat spot to adhere it to the lid of the acorn box. I adhered it in place on the acorn lid, right in front of the stem.
8. I then adhered all the leaves and branches in place around the top of the lid.
9. Finally, I tied a pretty ribbon bow and adhered it in place to the front edge of the lid.
Wouldn't this be lovely on a Thanksgiving table?
It would also make a lovely hostess gift or just a pretty decor piece!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with another fun project!
* * * * *