Posted on May 03 2020
It's Nancy here today! 'm going to show you how I made this fun Bee Card,
using these fabulous foiled papers!
It's a quick and easy project!
All I needed was one piece of Ebony/Gold Glossy Paper.
Gorgeous glossy black on one side...and gold on the other.
Here's my card:
Here's how I did it:
Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die - Mixed Media;
Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die - Geo Insects;
Crossover II Fabric and Paper Cutting System.
1 Create a 5 1/2" square card base from the black cardstock. Set it aside.
2. Cut a piece of the foiled paper to measure 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".
3. With the gold side up, place the beehive die from the Mixed Media set into one of the corners. Run it through your die-cutting machine. I used the Crossover II Machine to do my die-cutting. The benefit of using this machine is that you can alter the pressure. I didn't want the die to cut out in its entirety. I wanted to just pop out several of the pieces and leave the rest intact. If you don't have an option like that, just cut them all out. It will still look great!
4. Once the one corner is cut out, place the die in a second corner and repeat the process. Continue around the card. Don't worry about where the die-cutting overlaps. It's fine!
5. Flip the remaining piece of foiled paper over, so the black side is facing up. Place the bee die on it, and run it through your die-cutting machine.
6. Adhere to the gold foiled piece onto the black cardstock base.
7. Adhere to the bee in place onto the gold beehive background.
There you have it...a quick and easy card!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again soon!
* * * * *