Christmas Ornament and Ornament Box by Nancy
Hello, everyone! It's Nancy back on the blog today!
I'm using the "Pastels" collection for this project.
I have used these gorgeous foiled papers to decorate an ornament, and a special box to present the ornament.
Here's the ornament in the box:
Here's the ornament out of the box:
Here's how I made it:
Cut File: Simply Crafty SVGs - Round Ball Ornament Box;
Machine: Cricut Explore Air;
Paper: Lavender Cardstock (to match lavender foiled paper);
Dies: Memory Box - Wreath, Your Next Die - Ornaments, Unknown - Bow;
Punches: Martha Stewart - Holly and Branch;
Nuvo Drops: Bottle Green, Simply White.
1. I began by cutting the Ornament Box out, as per the instructions of the cut file. The cut file includes three options. I opted to use the one with the round front opening. I cut the box from lavender cardstock, and the panels from Starstruck Turquoise foiled paper.
2. I adhered the panels in place and assembled the box.
2. I inserted the base ornament holder into the box. With this...the box is finished.
3. Using the dies and punches, I got to work cutting the embellishments. I cut two wreaths and one bow. I then cut the ornaments out of all of the glossy foiled papers in the collection. Then punched numerous holly and branches out of each of the colors in the collection.
4. I had planned to keep the design quite simple. However, since I had so many pretty little bits, I went a little farther with the embellishing! ;o)
5. I started by adhering one wreath in place around the front opening, and the other wreath to the center of the box top.
6. Next, I added the ornaments to the center of the wreath and used the holly and branch punches to create a sway at the top of the wreath.
7. On the two sides of the box, I layered the holly and branch punches to resemble a garland. I then added the ornaments in place as if they were hanging from the garland.
Here's the other side:
8. I then went back and added the green and white Nuvo Drops in several places.
9. I kept the ornament simple. I added the bow to the front of the hanger, then adhered one of the holly punches to the front of the ornament.
10. I finished it off with three green Nuvo Drops.
The ornament fits perfectly and safely in the ornament box!
Isn't that a great combination? The foiled papers make it look so fabulous!
I think it would make a wonderful Christmas gift.
It would be an ideal way to present all those unique or personalized ornaments that we like to make. Or even the ones that we purchase each year!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another fun Christmas project for Rinea!
* * * * *