Posted on June 20 2017
Hello, crafty friends, Martha Lucia here with you! Techniques are my passion and today I want to share with you a quick and easy tip to change the color of your foil using StazOn Ink and the texture created by an embossing folder. It's easy and quick and you can obtain amazing results when you decide to experiment and combine different colors of inks. Take a look at my card:
To create this I used Whisper White card stock for the base, the die cut message and the complement word. The rest of the card was made with one piece of Rinea Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, one of my favorite colors for this summer season.
- I cut the layer using one sheet of Rinea Blush /Gold that is included in Jewels Foiled Paper Variety Pack, but you can also buy this Rinea Foil as individual color or packet of sheets.
- I embossed the layer using the Embossing Folder called Lovely Lace. Working with this Rinea Foil is like working with papers or card stock. You only need to follow the same steps through your bigshot to emboss or die cut, and it works perfectly.
- When I remove the Rinea Foil from the embossing folder, I applied StazOn Ink over the rise-up side directly with the ink pad, making sure to only ink the flowers and leaves. I started with the big flowers. To help the ink stay, you can add with a sponge a thin layer of GlazOn clear.
- I continued the process with other colors and flowers. On this project, I used StazOn Gothic Purple, Orange Zest, and Emerald City.
- Then I pasted the embossed and colored layer directly over the card base using Tear It! Tape or a double sided tape and pasted the Sentiments that I cut and stamped at the beginning of the process. I didn't want to add more layers or details because I don't want to compete with the amazing colorful background.
What do you think? Is it not an easy technique that you can explore and experiment to create your own style? I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you were inspired here today.
See you soon!