Crackle-Look Wooden Bowl by Lorrie
Hey, y'all! It's Lorrie here from Forty11 Designs and I am here today with a home decor item that you are sure to love. I used a crackle-look background stamp from Joy Clair Stamps to take this bowl from drab to fab!
I absolutely love this background stamp from Joy Clair! It's the Crackle Background Stamp and it is perfect for a grungy background pattern on lots of different projects. I had a small unfinished wooden bowl that is just the right size for keys or jewelry. I had thought about painting it, but I knew that using Rinea Foiled Paper and this stamp would give it an amazing look!
- Gold/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
- Joy Clair "Crackled Background" stamp
- Jet Black StazOn ink
- black alcohol ink marker or black acrylic paint
- craft knife
- Using Jet Black StazOn Ink, stamp the crackle background onto Gold/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper. I stamped the stamp numerous times, sometimes overlapping to make a more random pattern.
- Place a piece of stamped foiled paper in the bottom of the bowl. Use a craft knife to cut to the appropriate size. Use adhesive to adhere to the bottom of the bowl.
- Lightly tack down the foiled paper to each side of the bowl. Use a craft knife to cut the paper to the appropriate size. Repeat for each side.
- Color the exposed edges of the bowl -- I used a black alcohol marker!
Now you have a fun bowl that looks amazing and was amazingly easy to make!