Posted on April 21 2021
Hi there! It's Jessa from Sparkle Living Blog here today and I'm sharing this hanging plant card. I love plants and I love foiled paper, so it makes sense to combine the two.
- Rinea Midnight/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
- Rinea Emerald/Emerald Starstruck Foiled Paper
- Watercolor Cardstock
- Distress Oxide Spray in Speckled Egg
- Distress Oxide Spray in Chipped Saphire
- Distress Ink Spray in Picket Fence
- Electronic cutting machine
- Macrame Jungle Plants Card svg by Nik Squirrel
To create the background, I sprayed the Speckled Egg and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxides on to the watercolor paper and then let them dry. Then I took a water brush and dripped water all over to cause the oxides to react and let that dry. Lastly, a light spray of the white Picket Fence Distress Ink to add a little interest. Let dry.
While the background dried, I used my electronic cutting machine to cut out the foiled paper. I used Rinea Midnight/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper for the outline and Green Starstruck Foiled Paper for the plants.
I painted the adhesive on to the back of the hanging plant outline with a paint brush and attached the green planters. Then, I glued it to the background.
Lastly, I used a really small paint brush to add a dot of glue to the little circles for the top plant. It helps to use craft tweezers to place each little dot in the right spot.