Posted on March 03 2020
Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with a new project idea!
All month long, we are partnering with Creative Embellishments.
They have such incredible products in their shop, and they work beautifully with Rinea foiled paper!
Today I am sharing how I made a pretty Easter Album Cover.
Here's how I did it:
Rinea - Pastels Foiled Paper Variety Pack;
Creative Embellishments - Junk Journal Cover 2, Easter Frame, Egg Word Set;
Stampendous Embossing Ink;
Embossing Powders - Green and Purple;
WRMK Corner Chomper;
1. I began by inking up all the edges of the chipboard cover with purple ink.
I set it aside to dry.
2. Next, I laid the Easter Frame over a piece of the Glossy Turquoise/Gold Foiled Paper. I used my craft knife to cut around the egg shape. You could also trace it with a pencil and cut it out with scissors.
3. I then inked the frame with embossing ink, covered it with green embossing powder, and heat set it.
4. I then followed those same steps to emboss the word "Easter" in purple.
5. I cut two pieces of sticker paper to the size I wanted for the front and back covers.
6. I rounded the corners to match the cover.
8. I removed the backing from the sticker paper and applied one of the strips in a pleasing angle.
9. I continued laying down strips, alternating colors until the sticker paper was completely covered.
10. I turned the paper over and trimmed all the excess foiled paper.
11. I cut a strip of Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper to fit the spine.
12. I adhered the front and back covers to the inked cover. I then adhered to the spine strip in place.
13. I adhered the embossed frame over the Glossy Turquoise egg shape.
14. I adhered the Easter Frame in place on the cover.
15. Finally, I adhered the "Easter" in place on the egg
I can't wait to fill this pretty album with all kinds of Easter items!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with another collaboration project!