Posted on August 15 2017
Hello! Hello! It's Clair here today with a hair slide tutorial that combines some simple wire wrapping, with our favorite Rinea Foiled Papers and Petaloo Flowers.
.Plastic or Wire Hair Slide Base
Craft Wire (approximately 44 inches)
Small Floral Die (or craft scissors)
Round Beads/Pearls - a 4mm or 6mm will work best.
Wire Cutters (or craft scissors)
1. Die cut (or cut out) two or three small flowers from the Jewels Foiled Paper Variety Pack. Then choose a Petaloo fabric flower; a variety of leaves (in several textures) and a small, flower center
2. Cut approximately 24 inches of the craft wire. At one end of the hair slide base, wrap several times to secure the wire, then trim the small end.
3. Add a round bead, then wrap the wire around the base of the hair slide, once or twice, to secure the bead. Move the wire to the next 'section' of the base, ready to add another bead.
4. Continue to add round beads to the base of the hair slide, until the base is covered.
5. Make a small hole in one of the leaves, then thread onto the craft wire. Secure the leaf to the base of the hair slide. Move the wire one or two 'sections' along, then add another leaf, before 'tweaking' both leaves so that you are happy with how they look. Trim the wire carefully.
6. On approximately 10 inches of craft wire, add a round bead. Move the bead to the center of the wire, then 'fold' the wire and twist, so that the bead is secure. Add a small flower made from Rinea Foiled Paper; a Petaloo fabric flower and one of the leaves. Twist to secure.
7. Add this floral element centrally, by wrapping the rest of the craft wire carefully around the base of the hair slide. (Take the wire between the beads and be careful not to catch the flower or leaves!)
8. On approximately 10 inches of craft wire, add a round bead. Move the bead to the center of the wire, then 'fold' the wire and twist, so that the bead is secure. Add a small flower center, followed by two small flowers made from Rinea Foiled Paper. Twist to secure. Add this final element to the base of the hair slide, between the leaves and the first floral element. Trim all wire ends carefully.
I hope that you have enjoyed the tutorial and will use it (or be inspired by it) to create your own unique accessory. Have a lovely week! Clair x