Harvest Gift Bag by Nancy Nickel
It's Nancy here today with a fun tutorial for Rinea.
Autumn themed projects are so much fun to make!
I'm going to show you how to make this fun little gift bag, using these fabulous foiled papers!
It would make a lovely hostess gift for Thanksgiving, or even a fun place setting decoration!
I'm using the "Autumn Foiled Paper Variety Pack" for this project.
Other materials used:
- Tim Holtz Alterations Die - In the Bag
- Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die - Autumn Gatherings
- Hole Punch or Crop-o-Dile
- Skewer or paint brush
- A scrap of Brown Cardstock
- 1" Circle Punch
- Adhesive of Choice
- Ribbon or Seam Binding for Bow
1. Cut the bag die using the Mocha Starstruck Foiled Paper.
2. Then cut a variety of leaves, branches, and acorns, using:
Glossy Ruby/Gold, Glossy Marigold/Gold, Glossy Mocha/Gold.
3. Punch holes in the sides of the bags, using a crop-o-dile.
Thread two matching scrap strips of Starstruck through the holes,
leaving several inches extended beyond the hole. Refer to photo.
4. Wrap this extended bit tightly around a skewer to curl.
This also holds the handle in place.
5. Punch a 1" circle from a scrap of brown cardstock. Arrange the leaves, branches, and acorns.
Adhere in place to the cardstock circle. Reserve some of the leaves to add later.
6. Tie a bow from ribbon or seam binding. Adhere in place to the top of the punched circle.
7. Adhere the punched circle to the front of the bag.
Now adhere the reserved leaves in place,
as though they are falling from the arrangement.
Also, using the skewer or a paintbrush,
curl the leaves and branches.
This adds dimension and interest to the arrangement.
8. All that's left is to fill the bag with some treats, or a gift card!
Wouldn't these make a lovely Thanksgiving decoration?
They're so fun to put together, and the foiled papers are so elegant!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back again soon with another project idea!
* * * * *