Posted on May 15 2019
Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with an easy bookmark tutorial.
I hope it will give you some fun ideas, and inspire you to make some of your own!
Rinea Ruby/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
Tim Holtz - Alphanumeric Thinlits Die, or Other Alphabet Die
WRMK - Euro Hook Power Punch
Martha Stewart - Heart Seal Punch
Piece of Washi Tape or Sticky Notes
1. I began by cutting a piece of black cardstock - 6 1/4 x 1 3/4.
2. I cut a piece of Ruby Glossy Foiled Paper - 6 x 1 1/2.
3. I decided I wanted my bookmark to say "I LOVE READING" with the heart seal in place of the LOVE. So I laid my letter dies in place on the Ruby Foiled Paper, leaving the appropriate space. I used a piece of Washi tape to hold them in place. TIP: When I use these particular dies with my Rinea Foiled Paper, I add a piece of cardstock underneath before running it through my Big Shot. Otherwise, the dies stick into my cutting mat and the foil tears when I'm trying to remove it. Adding the extra cardstock prevents this from happening.
4. Next, I turn over the Ruby Glossy Foiled Paper and punch the Heart Seal from the Gold Glossy Foiled paper side.
5. Adhere all the pieces together, remembering to add the inside bits of the letters to the black cardstock base.
6. I used the WRMK Power Punch at the top of the bookmark. It offers the perfect spot to add fiber. I cut several strands of fiber and threaded them through the hole. My pretty bookmark was complete.
It's a simple project but this beautiful Foiled Paper makes it special!
This opens the door to so many creative options!
How about a personalized bookmark?
Now I just have to say something about this one.
I have received a number of bookmarks over the years.
They have said "Nancy's Book".
Is it really? How can it be my book when it is a bookmark?
Even if it's in a book...is it a book? Or is it a bookmark?
That's just always given me a chuckle,
so I had lots of fun making this...my BOOKMARK! ;o)
BTW...the blue is the gorgeous Sapphire/Sapphire Starstruck Foiled Paper.
It's one of my favorites!
Here are both bookmarks together. I hope I've given you some fun ideas!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back again soon with another fun project!
* * * * *