Jar of Butterflies
Hello dear friends, Martha Lucia here to share a colorful card that I made using a die cut with Rinea Paper Foil. Take a look at my card:
I wanted to have a special background for these butterflies. Last week I made a similar background, which you can see HERE. Creating this is very simple, so let me explain the process to you:
- Take a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Take Kaleidacolor Inks or any other ink. I love Kaleidacolor because I have many coordinating colors in only one pad.
- Take an acrylic block of the size that you want. If you prefer you can use multiple acrylic blocks.
- Dispense a small amount of shaving cream over the mat.
- Ink the acrylic block with the ink pad.
- Apply the shaving cream over the inked acrylic blog using a palette knife. You will notice how the ink will color the cream
- Smooth the acrylic block over the paper. Just pass it over a few parts or create the design that you want.
- Repeat the process as many times as you need it or until you are satisfied.
Now is time to stamp the butterflies. I am using the Butterflies Solid Large and the Butterflies Small Solid. To stamp these I am using a new color of Ink that I am sure you will love, it is from the new Luxury colors of Delicata Ink, these came in vibrant colors, and it is a pigment ink that you can easily emboss. I stamped my butterflies with Sapphire Blue and covered it with clear embossing powder. I double stamped the images to have enough for the everyday jars.
Then I cut two small everyday jars using Rinea Paper Foil Blush/Blush Star and Copper/Cooper Glossy. I love these designs and color of paper foil. To be honest, this paper foil gives a special touch to my projects, and it is very easy to use with die cuts or embossing folders or simply to use as layer paper or cardstock too.
I also cut the jars on cardstock and pasted them behind the jars or paper foil just to make them harder because I want to create a dimension with them on my card. I assembled the pieces, and as a final touch I stamped a sentiment Simple Miss You from So Suzy stamps using Memento Dusty Dark and added some little white butterflies to simulate the inside of the jars.
I hope my project inspires you to experiment techniques, mix and match material and create with freedom! See you soon!