Posted on April 10 2021
Hi guys! Jessa here from Sparkle Living Blog and today I'm sharing this fun Cherry Blossom card which is perfect for spring!
- Rinea Blush Pink Glossy Foiled Paper
- Rinea Lavender Purple Glossy Foiled Paper
- Rinea Fuchsia Pink Glossy Foiled Paper
- Watercolor Cardstock
- Distress Ink Sprays in Picket Fence and Stormy Sky
- Distress Oxide Sprays in Speckled Egg
- Echeverias Stencil From Stencil Girl
- Cherry Blossom Card svg from Silhouette Design Store
Spray the watercolor card stock with both the Speckled Egg and Stormy Sky Distress Sprays, then set aside to dry. While that is drying, use your cutting machine to cut out the pieces for the cherry blossoms. Cut out half of the flowers and all the buds in Rinea Blush Pink Glossy Foiled Paper and the other half in Rinea Lavender Purple Glossy Foiled Paper. The centers of the flowers are in Rinea Fuchsia Pink Glossy Foiled Paper.
Additionally, cut out the tree branches. I used vintage music sheet scrapbook paper for the branches to add some interest.
Once the blue inks are dry on the watercolor card stock, lay a stencil on it and lightly spray the Picket Fence Distress Stain on the stencil. Let dry.
Once the watercolor card stock is dry, glue on the branches. Since the Distress Inks react to water, I applied the glue to the back of the branches with a paint brush. Attach to the card. Glue on the cherry blossom buds and flowers, alternating having the pink and the purple on top.