Posted on June 03 2019
It's Nancy back today with a new project!
Today I'm going to show you how I made this pretty tag, using these gorgeous foiled papers from Rinea!
I'm using the "Pastels" collection for this project.
Here's how I did it:
Die: Tutti Designs - Butterfly Dance;
Template: Fiskars Oval;
Cardstock: Black, Mauve;
Ribbon: Celebrate It - Turquoise, Mauve;
Sequins: Turquoise, Purple.
1. I traced around the outside of the Fiskars template twice, onto black cardstock. I cut the ovals out.
2. I placed the template down on one of the black ovals and traced the inside oval. I cut the inside oval out, leaving a black cardstock frame.
3. I cut a piece of the Turquoise/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to fit behind the black cardstock frame and adhered it in place. I then adhered the solid black oval in place behind it. The three layers together form a nice solid tag base.
4. I cut one more oval out of mauve cardstock and adhered it to the back of the tag. This offers a place to stamp/write a message.
6. Then I took my little scissors and did some snipping on the Lavender die-cut. I very carefully trimmed out the pretty butterflies.
7. I adhered the Jade die-cut piece in place on the tag base.
8. I added glue to just the body of the Lavender butterflies and adhered them directly on top of the body of the Jade butterfly. When the glue was dry, I bent up the wings.
9. I added some sequins randomly around the oval. Odd numbers are always best.
10. Finally, I punched a hole in the top of the tag. I looped a turquoise ribbon through the hole and added a double-looped mauve bow just below it.
Here's one last look at my finished tag:
This tag would be pretty in any color, but there's something about these
foil colors against the black that make a project extra special!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back again soon with another fun project!
* * * * *