Posted on December 17 2019
Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with a fun new project share!
I'm going to show you how to make this fun card and gift topper, using these fabulous foiled papers!
I'm using the "Jolly" collection for this project.
Here's how I did it:
Cut File: My Scrap Chick - Poinsettia Gift Topper, and Poinsettia Christmas Card;
Machine: Cricut Explore Air (These files also include patterns for hand cutting.)
Paper: White Cardstock;
Stamp: Inkadinkado - Peppermint Twist;
Ink: Stampin' Up - Real Red;
Brad: 1 Gold;
Rhinestone: 1 Gold.
1. Begin by cutting out the Poinsettia Topper, following the instructions (or pattern) in the cut file.
2. Insert the gold brad through the hole in the center of each cut piece, as shown in the photo below.
3. Turn the pieces, so the petals are staggered. Shape the petals to add more dimension and life.
3. Finally, adhere the finished Poinsettia to the lid of a gift box. I used a round paper mache box. You could add it to a wrapped package, or candle holders, or mirrors, or frames...or anywhere else you want to add a pretty touch of Christmas!
Now we'll move on to the card:
1. Cut out the Poinsettia Card pieces, following the instructions (or pattern) in the cut file. Use the white cardstock for the card base, and the top layer of the card.
2. Stamp your sentiment onto the top layer of white cardstock.
3. Adhere your stamped layer to the foiled rectangle. Adhere both in place on the card front.
4. Adhere the Poinsettia pieces in place, on the card base, from the back to the front. I left the petals free of glue so that I could shape them.
5. Adhere the gold rhinestone to the center of the flower.
Either one of these projects would make a lovely presentation on their own.
I think they're even more wonderful when they're presented together! :o)
Also, they come together so quickly and easily,
that you still have time to make them before the big day!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back in the New Year with more fun projects for Rinea!
* * * * *