Posted on August 09 2018
Hi, Friends! Ink Stained Roni here with a fun technique that can be used to create all sorts of fun die-cut images. We are partnering with Joy Clair this month and I was so inspired by the Aztec Background stamps that I wanted to go a "girly" southwest card using the Princess Foiled Paper Variety Pack.
While it looks complicated it's a very easy look to achieve with a bit of help from a Xyron Creative Station or Sticker Maker. Let's begin.
1. Cut foiled paper into 4" long strips anywhere from 3/16" to 5/8" wide. All of the foiled papers today were cut from the new Princess Foiled Paper Variety Pack plus a few strips of Jade/Gold Glossy; Turquoise/Gold Glossy and Violet/Gold Glossy Foiled Papers.
2. Cut a piece of cardstock 5" x 8.5"
3. Run the cardstock through the Xyron Creative Station, remove the backing film and discard.
4. Affix the foiled paper strips onto the adhesive coated cardstock side by side, alternating colors in a random pattern until the piece of cardstock has been covered.
5. Trim off the uneven edges.
6. Cut the foiled striped cardstock into strips. These strips can be cut in varying widths and may be cut on angles.
7. Cut a piece of vellum or copy weight paper 5" x 8".
Note: vellum or copy weight paper is important in this step. Since the resulting paper will be die-cut, less bulk is better.
8. Run this piece of paper through the Xyron Creative Station, remove and discard backing film.
9. Layer the foiled paper strips side by side onto the vellum. Be sure to alternate the design to create maximum depth and contrast.
Once you have covered the vellum you will be rewarded with a stunning foiled paper design that may be die-cut into any shape desired.
10. Die cut desired stamps from the newly created foiled paper. Spellbinder Feather dies were used for this example.
11. Cut a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5.25".
12. Stamp Aztec Background pattern designs on the cardstock alternating between LuLu Lavender and Angel Pink Memento Ink.
13. Affix a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" Starstruck Lavender to a blank A2 card.
14. Mount the Aztec panel to the card.
15. Affix the feathers to the card.
16. Stamp the "Thinking of you" sentiment in the lower right-hand corner with Lilac Posies Memento Ink.
Xyron Creative Station
Joy Clair - Aztec Background, Butterfly Kisses (sentiment)
Imagine - Memento Dye Ink - LuLu Lavender, Angel Pink, Lilac Posies
A2 Blank Card Base