Posted on July 15 2019
Hey y'all! Lorrie from Forty11 Designs here with a wall hanging inspired by my love of stained glass church windows.
Living in the South, I see a lot of beautiful church windows. Some of the prettiest can be found in tiny old churches that dot our landscape. These windows inspire me and remind me of my childhood, sitting on a church pew with sunlight streaming in through those windows.
Here's what you need to make this:
- Rinea Foiled Paper: Blush Starstruck
- Rinea Foiled Paper: Violet Starstruck
- Rinea Foiled Paper: Emerald Starstruck
- Rinea Foiled Paper: Sapphire Starstruck
- Rinea Foiled Paper: Gold Glossy
- Pink and Main "Quilt Square 1" die
- wooden plaque (mine came pre-painted)
- clear Bible verse sticker
- gold half-pearl embellishments
- small glue dots
- double-sided craft tape
- tape runner
- manual diecutting machine
- paper trimmer
- Using a paper trimmer, cut a 4"x4" and a 3"x4" piece of Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.
- Die cut all of the starstruck paper using the quilt square die. I used 4 colors so I made 4 die cuts.
- Attach the Violet Starstruck quilt die cut "frame" piece to the 4"x4" Gold Glossy Foiled Paper piece.
- Fill in the quilt frame using the individual die cut pieces in the various colors.
- Adhere the finished quilt square the the wooden plaque using double-sided craft tape.
- Place clear verse sticker on the 3"x4" piece of Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and then adhere the paper to the plaque with double-sided craft tape.
- Place half-pearl embellishments on the corners of both the quilt square and verse.
- Hang on your wall and be inspired!