Posted on July 05 2019
To create this card, I used the Ugly Sweater cutting file from The Cutting Cafe. I love to work with these files because you can personalize and they came in many formats. But let me share the entire process with you:
- Import the SVG files into the Design Space of Cricut.
- Select the files that you want to use and resize them according to the instructions.
- Select the files that you want to cut. The ugly sweater shaped card has the card base and four different designs to be used as top layers.
- Place the paper over the cutting mat. I used card stock for the card base and Blush/Blush Starstruck Rinea Foiled Paper. IMPORTANT: To cut Rinea Foiled Paper on your electronic cutting machine, set your material as Vellum.
- After cutting the pieces that I wanted to use to make my card, I decided to create more texture over the top layer. With a Spellbinders die cut I cut the center of the ugly sweater and pasted behind a piece of Fuschia/Gold Glossy Rinea Foiled Paper.
- I passed the entire top layer piece with an embossing folder through the big shot without including the special details of my design.
- Paste the decorated top layer directly over the card base and paste the details of the design with double-sided foam tape.
- To finalize the card, I added a top layer using Turquoise/Gold Rinea Foiled Paper over the center design and a tiny flower on top cut with a punch.
Thanks for stopping by!