Sympathy Card with Alcohol Inks and Joy Clair Stamps by Lorrie
Hey y'all! It's Lorrie here from Forty11 Designs. Today I am so happy to be featuring Joy Clair stamps on my project. This stamp set that I used, called "Paisley Bouquet" is such an amazing all-occasion set, and I saw so many possibilities with it.
One of the cards that we never want to make, but sometimes need is a sympathy card. This stamp set has a sympathy sentiment, and the images are so versatile that I knew this would be perfect for a sympathy card.
Rinea Foiled Paper is such a great surface to work on. It takes alcohol inks beautifully, so I decided to stamp my image onto Silver Glossy Rinea Foiled Paper and then color in using alcohol ink markers. I also stamped a repeating background pattern using the same stamp set.
- Silver/Gold Glossy Solid Foiled Paper
- Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper
- Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper
- Joy Clair "Paisley Bouquet" stamp set
- Imagine Crafts StazOn Ink in Jet Black, Timber Brown, and Forest Green
- Alcohol Ink markers
- Foam Adhesive
- Dry adhesive such as a tape runner
- A2 card base
- Paper trimmer
- Cut Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Cut Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper to 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".
- Using the paisley stamp and the Timber Brown StazOn ink, stamp the Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper in a random pattern.
- Adhere the stamped Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to the card base.
- Adhere the Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper to the Mocha/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.
- Using the largest stamp in the stamp set and the StazOn ink in Jet Black, stamp the image onto Silver/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.
- Color in the image using alcohol ink markers.
- Fussy cut around the colored image with scissors, then adhere to the card front with foam adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Silver/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper using the Forest Green StazOn and then fussy cut out the sentiment.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card front using the tape runner.